Monday, January 6, 2020

Yvonne Elliman


If I Can't Have You

Yvonne Elliman canta If I Can't Have You y su canción se convierte en un éxito. También había trabajado como actriz en Jesucristo Superstar y le pedían que fuera a hospitales a sostener la mano de los enfermos. Para saber: Jesus Christ Superstar y en vocabulario: glittery

My home, my home. Born and raised, 1951 and Hawaii was beautiful back then. I hear in the 50´s it was when it was at its best…

Yvonne Marianne Elliman (nacida en 1951) es cantante, compositora y actriz que actuó durante cuatro años en el primer elenco de Jesus Christ Superstar. Tuvo varios éxitos en la década de 1970 y logró un éxito número 1 en Estados Unidos con "If I Can't Have You". Su versión de "Hello Stranger" de Barbara Lewis fue # 1, y "Love Me" fue # 5. Después de una larga pausa en las décadas de 1980 y 1990, durante el cual se dedicó a su familia, Yvonne Elliman hizo un álbum de regreso como cantante y compositora en 2004.


Yvonne Elliman - If I Can't Have You | The Story Behind The Song | Top 2000 a gogo
Yvonne Elliman recuerda sus comienzos - el viaje a Inglaterra para presentar su material – su trabajo en Jesus Christ Superstar – la música disco – y Hawaii

—This is where all started, with Ivonne in England, at the Peasantry Club. She was in filling in for a person who didn´t show up for the gig. There she is, her good looks and great voice. There´s Ivonne golden record, right over there. If I can´t have you.
—My home, my home. Born and raised, 1951 and Hawaii was beautiful back then. I hear in the 50´s it was when it was at its best. I had a folk singing band and I had a teacher and he loved my voice and he had me going to studio and taped it. He went to England and he played the tape to an agent out there and the man said “bring her over when she graduates and we´ll make her a star”. And so 2 weeks later I was gone. One night I played all my stuff and I was very happy with it and as I walked off this man comes running up to me and he completely looked grazed. His hair all messed up and he comes up to me and he goes “You, my Mary Magdalene”.
When after I did the movie I really had had it up to here with this Jesus Christ Superstar. I was asked to go to the hospital and hold people´s hands and that´s a heavy gig, you know. I didn´t want that responsibility.
I had already done a Bee Gees song called “Love Me” which went to the top, in the five, so Robert Stigwood gave “If I can´t have you” to …, who was my husband, and he said “have her listen to this and also have her listen to How deep is your love” . I loved If I can´t have you. That was what I wanted to do.
I liked that it wasn´t typically disco. I wasn´t really a huge disco fan. I was into rock. I mean classic rock, that where I was. The disco thing was fine but it was glittery and I wasn´t into glitter. I was into my t-shirt and jeans and my guitar. It was fine but it was play acting.
I lived in LA which is a pretty happy place but I had a husband who was not supportive as far as me singing. I finally got away from that. I was unhappy. I finally came here. I realized this is where I want to be… This is my home. This is the best.


Vocabulario
Glittery: Brilliant or showy, often superficial attractiveness.

Para saber
Jesus Christ Superstar es una ópera rock de 1970 con música de Andrew Lloyd Webber y letra de Tim Rice. Comenzó como un álbum musical de ópera rock antes de su debut en el escenario de Broadway en 1971. El musical se canta principalmente, con poco diálogo hablado. La historia se basa libremente en los relatos de los Evangelios de la última semana de la vida de Jesús, comenzando con la preparación para la llegada de Jesús y sus discípulos a Jerusalén y terminando con la crucifixión. Representa las luchas políticas e interpersonales entre Judas Iscariote y Jesús que no están presentes en la Biblia.

Ivonne Elliman
Ivonne Elliman
Una adaptación cinematográfica de Jesus Christ Superstar fue lanzada en 1973 y fue la octava película más taquillera de ese año. La película, dirigida por Norman Jewison, fue filmada en Israel y otros lugares del Medio Oriente. Ted Neeley, Carl Anderson e Yvonne Elliman fueron nominados a un Globo de Oro por sus representaciones de Jesús, Judas y María Magdalena, respectivamente.
Elliman con Ted Neeley, 1973
Elliman con Ted Neeley, 1973
Artículos relacionados
Saturday Night Fever, de 1977, es uno de los más vendidos en la historia… Música con fiebre

De 1970 a 1974, Gorney interpretó el papel de Tara Martin en la telenovela All My Children… La Stephanie Mangano

Su madre y su hermana Ann aparecieron brevemente en Saturday Night Fever y su hermana Ellen fue camarera en Grease… Travolta y la fiebre del sábado

La sociedad china es sacudida por cambios profundos, en todos los niveles… La revolución comunista en China

Esto es parte del archivo: Fiebre de Sábado por la Noche

No comments:

Post a Comment